2006-02-23

The Aura is a Blinding White Fury

I stole this GIF because it suits me well lately:


I hate my journalism minor right now. Feature Writing, a class that seemed to be the highlight of a journalism minor turns out to be my worst class in years. We've had to sit through three guest speakers in the last two weeks. It seems like the prof is looking for any way possible to get out of having to actually TEACH us some shit. Oh, don't get me wrong, she's full of insight when it comes to scratching down some aloof comments at the end of my 1800 word article; too bad it never translates into me actually learning how to go about my writing in a "better" way.

I've contemplated dropping this class and the whole minor more times in the past few weeks than I took shits. I hate when this happens because I'm trying SO hard to forget all of the real-life problems my family and I face everyday to be able to get this fucking degree. I put aside overwhelming hopelessness and frustration just long enough to squeeze out some articles and i get worse grades than I could had I actually squeezed out some grunt in the teacher's hand.

No comments: