2008-10-08

The Long Lost Blog

So I resurrected this blog again with the intention of getting motivated to blog a lot then letting it dissolve once I get bored with it.

The fun thing about finding this blog again is looking back. The first thing that stood out was the title. It used to be called "Aura of Frustration". Wow, I was a tad more angsty back then. Not surprising, of course, since I was in college, had a crappy job and was continually dating really disappointing women.

Life is on the other end of the spectrum now. I graduated, got a job with OkraTron 5000, voice over company which turned into a job for GL33k game audio company. I moved in with my sweet lady and we moved together with GL33k to Austin, TX.

Now I've got the job I've always dreamed about and a good girl who's just the right amount of exciting and I live in a town that's full of bars, parties and big events and isn't shy about getting it's freak on.

I'm motivated to start this blog up again to start talking about games and game theory, linking to smart people on the web who are pushing boundaries and doing things I want to get into. The first one is Jane McGonigal. If you know her it's probably because she's recognized by smart-person entities like MIT and Harvard for having breakthrough ideas on Alternate Reality Games or ARGs. You might also know of the Halo 2 viral marketing campaign "ilovebees" which is what got me interested.

Now she's launching a new ARG called Superstruct:

No comments: